You can convince distributors to sell your brand...
...or show them the bars that already want your brand.
Choose your approach wisely:
- top-down (you push the brand)
- bottom-up (the market pulls the brand)
Usually, brands enter a market with a distributor and then ask them to enter cool outlets. (top-down)
Think backward (bottom-up) and do your homework instead:
- Study the market
- Understand the right venues for your commercial proposition.
- Approach them first
- Do the pre-sale
- Ask them who’s their favorite distributor
- Approach that distributor with a shortlist of interested prospects.
Start with the end in mind.
Brands are built bottom up.