If the brand gets dusty on the shelf, short term it's your customer's problem.
Long term, it is your brand's problem:
If they have no interest in recommending it and selling it, it won't work.
- having a "push mentality".
- pushing the issue down the links of the chain.
- thinking that once you sold it to them, it's their problem.
- Work out the value chain bottom-up.
- Give a fair share of value to whom deserves it.
- Create customer pull.
You ultimately have to maximise the number of links of the chain that
sell your brand on your behalf.
If "they" won't sell it out, "you" will not sell-it back in.
Brands are built bottom up, not top down