Ignore that market report. The opportunity is big enough. Don't worry.
Stop comparing your niche brand to big drinks brands.
They want to re-learn from your agility in the streets.
Why then copying their approach in the boardroom?
Focus on: 👇🏻
I've read tens of market reports before changing approach:
once you know that the top 3 big brands in your category sell x 000's of cases / HL... what do you do with that information?
Nothing. Don't worry about something that is not really a worry.
- You are at a different price point
- You don't have nor want to have that footprint
- You have different resources vs them (i.e. money and people)
In short, you play a different game.
What to focus on?
- sell in the first pallet,
- sell out the first bottle,
- learn, adjust,
- sell the second pallet,
You don't need big data, you need small data.
Learn the market bottom-up not on PDFs.
Talk to bartenders, salespeople, consumers, observe shelves and backbars.
Too much data is no data. Don't get stuck in it.